Wednesday, August 16, 2017

August 21st

Hi Parents,

Welcome to Second Grade! I'm so excited that your child is in my class this year. A little about myself:

I'm from Plano, TX and moved to San Antonio to attend Trinity University (go Tigers!). I stayed an extra year to complete my master's degree in teaching. I then moved to the wonderful city of Austin where I was lucky enough to get hired as a second grade teacher at Caraway! This is going to be my 6th year teaching second grade and I can't wait to get the year started!

I've been married for almost two years to a wonderful guy named Jonathan and we have one fur-child, a dog named Schubert. We love taking him to the park and going on hikes. He's been known to make classroom appearances. I also love reading, baking, and of course, teaching!

I view teaching your children as an absolute g
ift and I thank you for sharing them with me. It is my hope that every child looks forward to coming to school each day and leaves with a smile on his/ her face. Second grade is a great year of learning, exploring, trying new things, taking risks, and most of all, having fun. I hope that we can work together to make this the best year yet for your child! 


No comments:

Post a Comment