Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Welcome to Second Grade!

Hi Parents,

Welcome to Second Grade! I am so excited your child is in my class this year. I know it's going to be an amazing year of exploring, learning, and laughing. I look forward to working with each of you to better teach your child. I view teaching as a gift and I look forward to coming to work each day! In my classroom I value the idea of community and work really hard to build a strong, loving relationship with each student. It is my goal that each student leaves my classroom with an awakened sense of curiosity and a life-long love of learning.

A little about me:

This is going to be my third year at Caraway and in second grade. I am originally from Dallas and moved to San Antonio to attend Trinity University. After a bachelors and masters degree, I moved to Austin and was so fortunate to be given the opportunity to teach at this amazing school! I got engaged over the summer and will be getting married next September!

For the first week of school, we will be doing lots of community building activities and implementing procedures. To start the year off in math, we will be creating graphs using information about us, such as a birthday bar graph and favorite candy pictograph.

I will regularly update this blog with information for the upcoming weeks. Be sure to check here frequently! I have also included our daily schedule and our classroom wish list for your information.

Remember, there is no school on September 1st for Labor Day.

Looking forward to a wonderful school year! See everyone on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment